Low Carb Keto Delicious Chicken with Vegetables Recipe
If you are looking for the perfect low carb chicken dish
that the entire family will love, you need to try this recipe. It is so tasty that it makes for a perfect dish to serve your guests as well. Weather you are on a low carbohydrate diet or not, this dish is sure to please your taste buds.
I like to use chicken thighs instead of breast for this dish. Thighs are more tender and provides a little more fat than the breasts, which is great if you are on a low carb high fat diet.
1 lb. chicken thighs (skinless, boneless, cut into 1 inch pieces)
3 slices of bacon
1 onion, chopped
2 tbsp. avocado oil
1 head cauliflower
1 bunch broccoli
1 red bell pepper, julienned
1 carton brown mushrooms, sliced
1 cup dry white wine (or dry cooking wine)
3 dl. (1 1/4 cup) Heavy whipping cream
½ bunch fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 cup or less Mozzarella or Cheddar cheese, shredded (enough to cover the top of a large ovenproof dish)
3-4 feds of garlic, crushed
2 tsp. paprika powder
2 bay leaves
2 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. coriander powder
1 ½ tsp. salt (preferably pink Himalayan salt or kosher salt)
¾ tsp. black pepper
¾ tsp. cayenne pepper
1. Cut the broccoli and cauliflower into florets and boil or steam them in lightly salted water for about 10-15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile sauté the onion in the oil for a few minutes on medium heat until translucent. Add the white wine, turn the temperature up slightly and boil until the liquid is reduced by half and the smell of the alcohol is gone (5-6 minutes). Add the whipping cream. When it starts to thicken reduce the heat to low. Add all the dried spices. Let simmer for a few minutes, then remove from the heat. If the sauce gets too thick you can add chicken broth or chicken bone broth to it and bring to a boil. Lastly add the garlic and chopped parsley and set aside.
3. Cut the bacon into ½ inch pieces and cook them in a frying pan on medium high heat. Remove the bacon from the pan (put them in a large oven proof dish) and stir fry the mushrooms in the bacon fat until the mushrooms have absorbed the fat (a couple of minutes should do it).
4. Set your oven to 350F.
5. Brown the chicken pieces for a couple of minutes until they change color.
6. Add all the ingredients except for the cheese) to a large oven proof dish and pour the cream sauce over everything. Cover the dish with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and add the shredded cheese. Cook for 15 more minutes or more if the cheese has not melted completely. This dish is so delicious your entire family will love it!
The macros are going to depend a little on the size of your cauliflower, broccoli, how much cheese you choose to add etc. But here are the macros I get when entering the recipe into carb manager:
If you divide the entire dish into 8 servings
7g net carbs